Cancer Information and Education Resources
Welcome to the online cancer information and education resource webpage.
The cancer information and education resource web page has been developed to provide general information on cancer and what continuous professional development resources are available for health care professionals working in the Grampians region.
The web page has been designed to link participants to reliable web resources which are reviewed and updated on a regular basis. The resources invite participants to undertake learning activities which are optional. While the resources are targeted towards nurses; the content is relevant for all health care professionals with an interest in providing best practice cancer care.
- Cancer biology: Click this link to view information and resources on pathophysiology of cancer
- Cancer and statistics: Click this link to view information and resouces on cancer morbidity, mortaiity and cancer epidemiology
- Impact of cancer: Click this link to view infomation and resources on the emotional response to cancer and the cancer experience in specific populations
- Cancer treatment planning and cancer treatment: Click this link to view information and resources on cancer treatment planning and available cancer treatments (including clinical trails)
- Management of side effects/Oncology emergencies: Click this link to view infomation and resources on the management of oncology emergencies in the clinical setting
- Supportive care:Clinck this link to view information and resources on supportive care
- Sexuality and intimacy: Click on this link to view information and resources on sexuaility and intimacy
- Palliative care: Click this link to view information and resources on palliative care
- Survivorship: Click this link to view information and resources on cancer survivorship
The Grampians Integrated Cancer Service (GICS) has taken all reasonable measures to ensure that the cancer iinformation and education resource is correct. However, GICS gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the material. GICS reserves the right at any time to make changes as it deems appropriate.
This resource contains hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties other than GICS. Such hyperlinks are provided for reference and GICS does not control such websites and is not responsible for their content.