Welcome to the webpages of the Regional Wounds Victoria
Clinical Nurse Consultants (CNCs)
We recommend checking back often for regular updates. Simply look for the symbol on all pages, for the most recently added events, links and documents
Navigate easily through our site using the blue or orange buttons located at the top of all RWV pages
Want to refer a client? Click here for eligibility guidelines
This website is primarily for clinicians, if you're a patient or know someone with a wound, click here
NEWSFLASH: STOP Pressure Injury resource launch. Campaign info here. Client resource here
NEWSFLASH: Contact us at this link, to list a wound position here available in rural Victoria
See the SINGLE & RECURRING items below for educational events available to regional Vic clinicians
Email us if you would like to request your event listed or if you know of others
- 6 May 2017: MELBOURNE - Australian Lymphology Association "2017 Symposium: New dimensions in lymphatic disorders" Informative presentations from highly regarded medical, allied health and nursing professionals and interactive sessions. Pre and Post symposium workshops. Click here for all info and to register.
1 June 2017: MELBOURNE - Austin Health Chronic Wound Clinic Service "Wound Management, what's out there to help me and how do I use it?" Full Day conference for health care providers and those with an interest in Wound Care. All details on the registration form. Austin_Health_Wound_Conference_2017_registration_form (167.05 kB)
4 July 2017: SAVE THE DATE: MELBOURNE AND LIVE STREAMED TO VIC LOCATIONS - Wounds Australia (Vic) Twilight Seminar. Keeping Bugs at Bay, presented by Sue Templeton. Watch the Wounds Australia (Vic) website for more information closer to the event.
- Multiple Dates (Jul - Oct 2017): VICTORIA - Health Education Management Innovation. HEMI Advanced Wound Management Courses are well recognised for their innovative educational approach to the management of wounds and tissue repair. A range of courses set out to improve wound care by exploring the pathophysiology of wound and tissue repair, determining the principles of wound healing, examining the latest techniques in wound healing and tissue repair, expanding knowledge of wound pharmaceuticals, dressings and bandages. Visit the HEMI website here for all info and to register. Below are courses advertised for Victoria for 2017.
- Albury: 30th & 1st July 2017 - Regional Wound Management and Debridement Course
- Melb: 22nd & 23rd Sept 2017 - Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Wound Specialist Forum
- Melb: 20th & 21st October 2017 - Advanced Wound Care and Pressure Injuries Course
- 4-5 Sept 2017: GOLD COAST - Diabetic Foot Australia "Diabetic Foot Australia Conference 2017" After two successful conferences at Liverpool Hospital, this is the third in the Australian Diabetic Foot Conference series. International speakers will present the latest research from bench-top to bedside. Caters to all multidisciplinary specialities. Click here for all info on the program and to register.
6-9 Sept 2017: BRISBANE - The International Wound Practice and Research Conference. Regional collaboration of national wound healing, tissue repair and related national associations. This conference also lauches the International Wound Practice and Research Alliance, that will bring together like minded wound care associations to share resources, exchange experiences and form political alliances. For all info and to register visit the conference website here.
17 Nov 2017 SAVE THE DATE: MELBOURNE - Wounds Australia (Vic). "State Conference: Setting the Standard". Planned to be held at Mantra Bell City Preston, Victorian and Interstate speakers will present plenary sessions and practical workshops. Watch the Wounds Australia website for more information and for poster abstract submission dates.
Top of page
RWV is on facebook
- our social networking page continues to expand with over 1000 direct followers and thousands of people engaged each week. Check us out at facebook.com/regionalwoundsvictoria
and like our page to receive a fun and educational mix of wound related content. Participate in or simply watch our regular quizzes. These are an innovative way to enhance your knowledge and network with like minded others. RWV aligns with the DHS social media policy
and the AHPRA social media policy.
- Don't bin your bandage clips. We collect them for needy patients at the Institute of Applied Dermatology in India. Pass them to any RWV CNC at any time. More info here
Supporting our National and State Wound Association, Wounds Australia (formerly AWMA): While RWV is not formerly affiliated with Wounds Australia, as a unique collaborative of advanced practice nurses, we proactively support and promote Wounds Australia activities. This promotes our growing specialty, raises the profile of wounds, and because Wounds Australia membership is of value to other regional clinicians we advocate for and support. The following are some of Wounds Australia's activities/resources and RWV encourages anyone interested in wound management to become a Wounds Australia member.
Grants and Scholarships - Grants are available to support members to access and participate in professional development that will further the Wounds Australia Philosophy that all people with or who are likely to develop a wounds are entitled to receive personalised care and management that is supported by current best practice. Click here to go to the Grants and Scholarship page at Wounds Australia for all info on eligibilty, application forms and closing dates.
Wounds Australia Webinars - ONLINE - Our national wound association facilitates educational webinars and subsequently these are available to members via logging onto the Wounds Central website here.
Annual WOUND AWARENESS WEEK - 16 - 21st October 2016 An annual weekly event by our national and state wound associations that raises public awareness of wound related issues. More information can be found here including tips for engaging with the media. It's never been easier to get involved, even if you simply want to pop a poster at your workplace, host a stand or event. In 2016 the WOUND AWARE website was launched with Denise Drysdale as the new Wounds Australia ambassador.
- Annual Worldwide STOP PRESSURE ULCER DAY - European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel - an annual international event, this year to be held on 17th November 2016:
- Check out the You Tube clip here
- Click here for campaign updates and the most recent poster resources via their website (updated yearly)
- Other resources can be found on the NPUAP website here
- Head to the Wounds Australia website here for Australian resources from Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance
These events are listed as a resource to health professionals in regional Victoria and relevant others. RWV takes no responsibility for the content/quality of these events.
RWV welcomes constructive feedback or suggestions for our website. Or let us know if an event link is not working. Email us here
Top of page
Updated 13 Apr 2017